Last Revised: September 26, 2018
2. A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13.
3. A Note to Users Outside of the United States. Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Data may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
4. Types of Data We Collect. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
(a) Information You Provide to Us. If you contact us via our Site, we will collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail. We may use this information to send you a reply. We may also use this information to send newsletters and other promotional materials (“Promotional Emails”) related to Synthorx and/or our Site. We may also collect Personal Data, such as at other points in our Site that state that Personal Data is being collected. In addition, if you post Submissions (as defined in our Internet Site Terms and Conditions) on our Site, the information contained in your Submission(s) will be stored in our servers, and other users may be able to see the Submission(s).
(b) Information Collected via Technology.
(i) Information Collected by Our Site. To make our Site more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
(iv) Google Analytics. We currently use Google Analytics. Google Analytics collects information anonymously and reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. Analytics uses its own cookie to track visitor interactions. Website owners can view a variety of reports about how visitors interact with their website, so they can improve their website and how people find it. Please see the following links for more information about Google Analytics: http://www.google.com/privacy.html and http://www.google.com/analytics/tos.html.
(c) Information Collected from Other Sources. We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, and other third parties. Examples of the information we may receive from other sources include social media profile information, marketing leads and search results and links, and paid listings (such as sponsored links).
5. Use of Your Personal Data
(a) General Use. We use your Personal Data in the following ways: (1) to identify you as a user in our system; (2) to improve our Site and the quality of experience when you interact with our Site; (3) to send you administrative e-mail notifications; (4) to respond to your inquiries, including as related to employment opportunities or other requests; and (5) to send you Promotional Emails related to Synthorx and/or our Site.
(b) Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Site and improve Site navigation. Synthorx reserves the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in its sole discretion.
(a) Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers: to provide you with access to the Site and to respond to your requests; to conduct quality assurance testing; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to Synthorx.
8. Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Data
(b) Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Site for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Site or all functionality of the Site. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
(c) Deleting Your Personal Data. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, but please note that we may be required to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may retain your information for fraud or similar purposes.
9. Security of Your Personal Data. Although we use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, Synthorx cannot guarantee its absolute security.
10. Do Not Track. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that can be configured in certain web browsers (the “DNT Feature”). The DNT Feature, when enabled on a web browser, signals the websites you visit that you do not want certain information about your visit collected. The Internet industry is in the process of defining how to interpret signals sent by the DNT Feature, and Synthorx does not currently respond to, or recognize, DNT Feature signals.
Attention: Legal Department
11099 North Torrey Pines Road, Suite 290
La Jolla, CA 92037